Pharmacy Tech - North
· Capable of consistently providing excellent customer service to all patients and healthcare providers.
· Respectfully follow direction of Supervisors & Leads in an effort to provide appropriate workflow.
· Inbound calls should be answered in a timely, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
· Accurately and efficiently prepare prescription orders, from intake to order completion.
· Maintain accurate records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
· Assist with fax requests from providers and pharmacies.
· Accurately enter patient and order information into the pharmacy system.
· Strong communication, both internally and externally, to enhance effectiveness of medication shipping and delivery process.
· Process and submit insurance claims.
· Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Organizes medications for pharmacist prior to shipping by dispensing, labeling, and packing prescriptions.
· Completing outbound calls to patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of accuracy and maximizing productivity.
· Contacting patients, pharmacists and doctors’ offices to resolve prescription or claim issues.
· Utilize various propriety systems to research and process Rx’s.
· Performs non-medical research including insurance eligibility and shipping address verification.
· Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets regulatory and accreditation requirements.
· Process requests in compliance with various laws, HIPPA regulations, and company policies and procedures.
· Meet established productivity and quality standards during scheduled work hours, including Saturdays when assigned.
· Sedentary work involving significant periods of sitting, talking, hearing, and keying/typing as least 40 words per minute.
· Work requires visual acuity to perform close inspection of written and computer generated documents as well as dual PC monitors.
· Required to maintain current licensing and certification.
· Promote and foster a positive, respectful, and professional environment.
· Provide feedback and recommendations to management on process improvement.
· Ability to multi-task, with a work ethic that is reliable, responsible, focused, accurate and highly productive.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management team.
The best fit for this job is someone who:
- Has an Arizona Pharmacy Technician license/certification or
- Active Arizona Pharmacy Technician License or Active Arizona Pharmacy Technician Trainee License.
You must pass the PTCB with in one year of employment or before your trainee license next expiration date.
Previous experience in Pharmacy or healthcare industry preferred.
Current Arizona Pharmacy Technician License / Certification
Has a High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
Has pharmacy/prescription data entry experience
Has good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Possesses excellent communication skills
Cares about helping their customers
Has the ability to multitask well
Can adapt to a flexible schedule
Can maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Continued employment is contingent upon successful Pharmacy Technician licensing and state registration as required